Sports and other outdoor hobbies require a lot of equipment, everything from balls and nets to various boards and shoes. Give everything a designated spot so even if you take it out to play with you know exactly where it should go when it is time to put it away.
We've put together some helpful storage tips…
- Mesh Bins - A mesh storage bin is the best way to put away all of your sports balls. These items do not exactly fit will in boxes and can be stacked. A large bin will contain them all nicely and will keep you organized. If you are unable to find a mesh storage bin you could repurpose an old playpen for this as well!
- Pegboards - Pegboards are a great way to put away small items like air pumps or small tools. This will keep everything accessible without having to dig through boxes.
- Board Racks - If you have a collection of snow, skate or surf boards a board rack is an excellent idea. this will keep the boards put up and out of the way but will also protect from getting stepped on or knocked over.
- More Tips
- Make any repairs and do any necessary cleaning before storing your equipment, this will prevent the damage from getting worse over time. Check the owner's manual of your more complex equipment to make sure you store it correctly.
- Use cotton sheets or breathable tarps to keep dust from collecting on your equipment.
- Organize your sports equipment with bins, wooden boxes and bags. This will help when it comes to retrieving it out of storage.
- Keep in mind your metal items are prone to rust. Wipe metal surfaces with a few drops of machine oil to help prevent rust from forming.
- Basketballs, soccer balls, footballs, and other large sport balls are ideal for storing in large zippered tote bags. The tote bags contain the balls and can be placed on a shelf, on the floor, or hung from a hook.
- Use hooks to hang ski's and skates when they’re not in use.Push on and hang hooks are great for storage organization. There are different command strip hooks for different size items.Read the package for weight limit.
- If you’re not afraid to tackle a DIY project, a rolling storage cart provides ample storage for absolutely everything in your sports arsenal.
- Repurpose an old bookshelf or build your own. It will provide storage for shoes, helmets and other smaller pieces of equipment.
- Put a chalkboard schedule near your sports equipment storage area to keep track of the’ games and practices.
- Use a few bungee cords and a wood frame to make a box for sports balls to stay.
Triple AAA Storage is a safe & convenient storage solution to suit all needs – home, business or leisure.